[Sigpub-l] This listserv moving to New ASIS&T Community
rscott at asist.org
Fri May 25 13:09:52 EDT 2018
ASIS&T will begin transitioning this Listserv from its existing software platform to a new and improved community platform: the ASIS&T Community (http://community.asist.org/home). This transition is necessary because it ASIS&T to comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which goes into effect on May 25, 2018 which requires specific compliance that we are not able to achieve using the current system. As a result, communication using this platform has been suspended.
Those who are ASIS&T Members, your subscription will be migrated to a new "eGroup" on the ASIS&T Community site.
Not an ASIS&T Member? We have a solution for you. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message regarding steps to join the ASIS&T Community site.
Here's a quick overview of some of the new features you can expect in the ASIS&T Community:
* Enhanced discussion capabilities. Now you'll receive emails that are more structured and easier to read than a traditional listserv or forum alert.
* Improved Member Directory search. You can find members by name, location, SIG affiliation, area of expertise, work setting, and more.
* Granular privacy controls. You can have complete control over what information you share with members of the community and your contacts.
* Centralized subscription management. You can manage your subscriptions to all discussions in one place. Choose to receive daily digests or real-time emails by group.
* Resource sharing. All attachments posted to discussions are archived in a dedicated Resource Library. You can also add documents to share anytime you want.
You will receive final notification on or before June 22nd once the transition has been completed.
Stay Connected! Learn more about ASIS&T Member Benefits<https://www.asist.org/join/member-benefits/>. Join ASIS&T Today<https://www.asist.org/join/become-a-member/>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sigpub-l