[Sigpub-l] Early Reg. Deadline -- ASIS&T Annual, Nov 12-17, Providence, RI
rhill at asis.org
Tue Sep 21 15:54:28 EDT 2004
Deadline for early registration is October 1, which is only a little over a
week away. Dick Hill
ASIST&T Annual Meeting
November 12-17, 2004, Providence, Rhode Island
"Managing and Enhancing Information: Cultures and Conflicts"
Program and registration now online at http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM04/
Monday, November 14: Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web and
director of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
Sunday, November 13: JC Hertz, principal of Joystick Nation, Inc., a
consultancy that applies the principles of complex systems and game design
to products, services and learning systems, is recognized as one of the
World Economic Forum's "Global Leaders of Tomorrow." Herz's focus is
networked interaction design and systems that leverage the intrinsic
characteristics of networked communication.
The theme "Managing and Enhancing Information: Cultures and Conflicts,"
raises awareness of the role of information science in fostering integration
and cooperation in the global information society.
We have sorted sessions into seven major tracks: (1) Disciplinary Issues,
(2) Digital Libraries, (3) User Behavior, (4) System Design, (5) Information
Organization, (6) Knowledge Management and Use, and (7) Resources and
Services. The first four tracks continue all the way through the conference.
Overall, the technical program contains 46 panel sessions, 20 contributed
papers sessions (61 papers), and 3 poster sessions (85 posters).
Friday, November 12
* Managing User-Centered Design Projects
* Taxonomy for Indexing - A Hands on Approach - Introduction
* Building an Institutional Repository Using DSpace
Saturday, November 13
* Collaborating with Colleagues Across Disciplinary, Organizational and
Geographic Boundaries: Lessons Learned
* Essential Pre-Implementation Planning for Successful Web Content
* Taxonomy for Indexing - A Hands on Approach - Intermediate
* SIG CR Workshop
* SIG USE Workshop
Sunday, November 14
* Personal Information Management in Theory and in Practice
* Social Informatics Workshop for Library and Information Science Research
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD 20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
Eurchap mailing list
Eurchap at asis.org
PVC mailing list
PVC at asis.org
More information about the Sigpub-l